Most of my current research projects are focused around the hand and wrist (when you’re a hand surgery sub-specialist, it does tend to take over).
A selection of things I’ve published:
- Chung B, Morris SF. Confirmatory factor analysis of the Michigan Hand Questionnaire. Annals of Plastic Surgery. In press.
- Chung B, Morris SF. Factors influencing prioritization for carpal tunnel syndrome consultation. Canadian Journal of Plastic Surgery. In press
- Chiu DT, Chung B. Discussion: Sensory reconstruction of finger pulp defect using a dorsal digital island flap. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 130(5):1087-1088, 2012.
- Chan R, Webster J, Battistutta D, Chung B, Brooks L. Interventions for preventing and managing radiation-induced skin reactions in cancer patients (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Issue 5. Art No: CD008522 DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD008522, 2010.
- Chung B, Wiley JP. Validity, Responsiveness and Reliability of the Patient Rated Tennis Elbow Evalution. Hand Therapy, 15: 52-68, 2010.
- Chung B, Wiley JP. Effectiveness of Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy in the treatment of previously untreated lateral epicondylitis. American Journal of Sports Medicine, 32(7): 1660-7, 2004.
- Chung B. Muscle Dysmorphia: A critical review on proposed criteria. Perspectives in Biology and Medicine, 44(4): 565-74, 2001.
Some things that I’m currently working on:
- Outcomes of median nerve repair/reconstruction
- Improvement of the Michigan Hand Questionnaire
- Cochrane systematic review of therapies for radiation-induced skin reactions
- Local anesthetics in hand and facial surgery
- New splinting and rehabilitation protocols for flexor tendon injuries of the hand
- Methodological challenges in handling multiple affected sites in randomized controlled trials.